I’ve been working on the second version of the front spoiler - 1968 Camaro spoiler modified to fit the Mustang R-model valence and cut to incorporate brake cooling ducts.

Last summer I started modifying a front spoiler from a 1968 Camaro - I’ve never liked the lines of the Mustang spoilers and preferred the look of the ones on the late sixties Camaros. Last night I pulled it from a shelf in the garage and continued working on it. I made the final cuts and added the brake cooling ducts. It needs some more work but it’s getting there… 

Gregor Jeffrey
Today Jason finished spraying the door trim and jambs in flat black - I installed the aluminium door panels and vintage Cal Custom door handles.

Today Jason finished spraying the door trim and jambs in flat black - I installed the aluminium door panels and vintage Cal Custom door handles.

Gregor Jeffrey
tumblr_nqa6tpFOyP1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nqa6tpFOyP1skvrd9o2_1280.jpg

I made a couple of aluminium brackets to secure the lexan rear window.

Gregor Jeffrey
Lexan window test-fitted.

Pre-formed rear lexan window from Pro-Glass - I ordered it oversize but ended up trimming it to the stock shape so that I can use the regular window rubber to install it. The holes are for airflow - I don’t have side windows so a lot of air builds up behind the rear window and I’m hoping this will help. Plus they look awesome.

tumblr_nfeqxopXwl1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg

After the last race I took a long break from working on the car. Now that winter is here it’s time to get back to it…

I made a set of aluminium plates to cover the cowl vents and had them covered in the same flat black wrap as the hood stripe. 

Gregor Jeffrey
tumblr_na4mgziPL31skvrd9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_na4mfkD0jo1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_na4md35G9y1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nh9zrjD0iO1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg

Castrol Raceway, CSCC Time Attack 2014.

Gregor Jeffrey

First test drive of my 1968 Mustang after over a year rebuilding it. My passenger approves!

Gregor Jeffrey
tumblr_n8y7njBf1v1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg

Removing a 46 year old differential carrier is not as easy as it says in the manual…after a couple of hours of battling with it I finally got the original 2.79 open diff out of the 8" housing - I have a new 3.55 Yukon Trac-Loc diff (clutch style positraction) that I will be installing tomorrow. I can’t wait to drive it with the new rear axle ratio!

tumblr_n8mzkbiZzE1skvrd9o1_1280.jpg

Drilled out bumper and aluminum block-off plate for the backup light.

Gregor Jeffrey
tumblr_n8mlyoFeF01skvrd9o2_1280.jpg

Getting the trunk lid ready for installation - painted the inner bodywork satin black, mounted the bead-blasted trunk hinges and installed the weatherstripping.

Gregor Jeffrey